Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I have a panasonic viera LD which is over 6 years old.

Customer Question

Yesterday I was unable to turn it on. Although the red light is showing there is no response to the remote.
I have inserted new batteries in the remote.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Eng. Andres replied 4 years ago.
hi, thank you for using JA:
The problem that you described can be related to the following causes:
1. A bad power supply unit inside the Television. The power supply's designed purpose is to provide the voltages necessary to power the rest of the television set's electronics. So, basically, if the power supply is not working correctly, then the TV's circuits are not receiving power at all, so the Tv does not turn on.
2. A bad remote controller. This posibility would explain also the symptoms that you have described.
In order to ptovide a more accurate answer, can you try to turn on the TV using the power button located in its front panel?
Also, please, disconnected the TV from the main power for at least 5 minutes. Then connect the power back on, and try to turn on the TV. This process basically, will reset the internal electronics circuits of the TV.
Please, reply back for further assistance.
Regards!