Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I have a Samsung UE32ES6710 and I wish to purchase an etx(RGB)

Customer Question

I have a Samsung UE32ES6710 and I wish to purchase an etx(RGB) lead of 3 to 4 metres to plug into a "SONOS" amplifier systemn to give me superior sound . can you confirm that is the correct lead to allow the T.V. Sound and the SONOS speakers to work in sinc and WHERE can I purchase such a lead .Thanking you in anticipation .Yours Sincerely XXXXX XXXXX

Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Your Sonos would require an optical input connection on your amp to mate it to your TV's optical output. I don't think Sonos anticipated that in its design.

As for an "etx(RGB) lead " , that RGB is Red, Green, Blue video and Samsung can only output audio on the Optical output or the Headphone output on your model.

You might be able to use something like a 3.5 mm male to possibly a set of RCA Audio connections, but the TV set really isn't designed to deliver Dolby surround since most TV shows are still Stereo anyways.

I know the Playbar has optical, but I didn't see it listed on the connect amp or play series of units. Those are more computer dedicated

So do you own the Playbar unit?