TV-Tech1
TV-Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 years servicing Tellys
26807325

Samsung 40 inch LCD LE40A8561M used for a few years with a

Customer Question

Samsung 40 inch LCD LE40A8561M used for a few years with a Yamaha AV receiver, with HDMI switching type RX-V673. The television sound was switched off. The television is now stand alone in another room but I cannot recover the tv sound. The earphone output works but no sound from tv speakers. The sound menu displays internal tv sound, and not external speakers. I have reconnected the tv to obtain the anynet+ tools menu and set receiver on and off with no change to the tv sound. removal from the AV receiver results in loss of the anynet+ "receiver" option. the tv has been left completely unpowered for several days at a time.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Headphone jacks do have switches in them, and it sounds like you are properly set for speakers, but the headphone switch isn't reconnecting it back to the speakers.

All the other settings you've tried have no effect on anything but an AV reciever and HDMI ARC equipped amps.

I think you're going to have to replace your headphone jack because the switch on it is bad.