Pete
Pete, Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Hi there, I cant remember my pin for my Nexus how do I unlock

Customer Question

Hi there,
I can't remember my pin for my Nexus how do I unlock same? I've tried everything but to no avail. Can you help?
Jeny
Category: Electronics
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

Adam

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok will await answer from you. Thanks

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would prefer a refund please as I can't wait any longer for an answer from you. Many thanks for trying.

Jeny

Expert:  Pete replied 4 years ago.

Hello Jeny, I am Pete, and I'll be happy to answer your question.

Unfortunately the only way around a forgotten PIN number is XXXXX factory reset the Nexus, and you will loose all the data stored on it as a result. This is to help prevent your data being lost if the Nexus is stolen.

To perform a reset:

Ensure the device is powered off.
To power off, press and hold the Power button.
Select Power off.
Select OK.
Allow several seconds for the device to power off.
Press and hold the Volume keys+Power button simultaneously until bootloader mode (image of an Android with Start) appears then release.
Select Recovery mode.
Utilize the volume keys to cycle through the available options and the Power button to select.
The device will restart in Recovery mode.
From the Recovery mode screen, press and hold the Power button then press the Volume up (+) key.
Select wipe data/factory reset.
Select Yes -- delete all