TV-Tech1
TV-Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 years servicing Tellys
26807325

I have had an internet connection on my tv but for some reason

Customer Question

I have had an internet connection on my tv but for some reason I can not connect it says I need an internet, so I try connection test and it puts a x next to check acquired ip address???? I have gone through all auto programs but nothing where do I find the ip address to put it in manually please help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Have you tried pressing the reset button, unplugging your router, then unplugging your TV set for 5 minutes, and then attempting to re-establish a new network connection from your TV set?

Usually that IP address is supposed to populate automatically, using the DHCP on the router. However if the router's DHCP locks up, your tv can't authenticate.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

many thank all done

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Great, glad all you had to do was to perform the reset on both units. If you ever lose the ability to connect two devices and you don't get the IP address, concentrate on resetting the router because that unit is the one that actually generates the IP address automatically.

I always prefer to do both at the same time to clear out bad data though.