bluextc89
bluextc89, Repair & Installation
Experience:  7+ Years Small Business Owner - Certified Sales And Service of Electronic Items for Home and Vehicle.
22516588

I have a Panasonic Viera 37in th-37pa80ba. We were watching

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic Viera 37in th-37pa80ba. We were watching this today and it just turned off and sounded like it had tripped out. There is now no power at all, no lights or anything on the tv ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  bluextc89 replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for stopping by:

I'm afraid it's not good news.

There is not a quick reset or button press that will get your TV running again - it will require disassembly and repair.

Before opening up the TV, however... check the plug - where it connects to the mains - there may be a user-replaceable fuse. It does not specify in the service manual, but does not hurt to check.

Typically - the problem you described is a blown fuse - or popped main capacitor on the power supply board of the TV.

A component level repair for your power supply would run in the $300 BPS range. That would include disassembly and repplacement of any defective component found.

If you have and know how to use a digital multimeter and oscilloscope - let me know, and we can attpempt to narrow down the culprit if you desire.

If you have additional - Just Ask.

Thanks!