Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Hello, I have a new flat screen tv: LG 55 inch and Humax Freesat

Customer Question

Hello, I have a new flat screen tv: LG 55 inch and Humax Freesat box.
Last night the system was properly programmed and working using the Freesat box to view a programme, however, being new to the system I have inadvertantly done something to the system and now have no response from the LG except a single message saying there is no signal and the tv is now without any form of programming.
I have tried resetting the tv with Autotuning as recommended by the tv severall times but the system is unable to find any available channels.
The existing external sat dish appears to be ok and was working perfectly before the problem arrived.
Can you please advise what I should do to correct the situation.
I look forward to hearing from you, Thank you James
Email:[email protected]
01903 812263
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Eng. Andres replied 4 years ago.
hi, thank you for using JA:

I think that you have selected the wrong input source. You have connected the Humax Box into your TV, and tune the channels into your Humax Box. However, the tunner from the Humax Box is independent from the TV Tunner of the TV-which is built in. So, if you tune the channels in your Humax box, and now, you select the TV built-in tunner as input TV source, you will see the massage of "no signal" because you have not tune the tunner of the TV.

All you have to do is select the input source where you have connected your Humax Box. Likely, you have connected the Humax Box using an HDMI connection, so, with the remote of your LG TV, you have to select the same input source where you have connected the Humax Box.

If you don't know how to change the input source, please, can you provide the model number of your TV, so I can provide the exact steps needed?

Regards!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Andres,

Thank you for your response,

At the moment I canot access my Humax, so I can't begin to discover which imput has been used to programme it.

I have tried using the imput device located in LGTV in fact I have tried...HDMI 1, HDMI2, Antenna, AV2 and RGB but all without success.

When I switch on Humax it requires Booting but, I don't know how to do this as there is no response from any of the buttons on the remote control.

What else can I do?

Please advise me further.

Kind regards, James

Hello James,

Ok, please, can you switch between the inputs of your TV until you can see the image comming from the Humax box? That way we will be sure that you are selecting the correct video input.

If you cannot see the Humax image on your TV, that the problem is related to the connection between the Humax unit and the TV or a faulty Humax Box.

Thanks!