Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I have an LG 42 inch LCD TV (approx. 3 years old). Today when

Customer Question

I have an LG 42 inch LCD TV (approx. 3 years old). Today when watching it suddenly turned itself off. I turned it back on and it stated as normal, connecting to HDMI2 then said no signal and immediately switched itself off. I have checked all connections and they are fine. I am wondering why 1. it turned itself off in the first place and 2. why despite powering on it attempts to connect for a very short period of time before turning itself off again???

Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Try this -- unplug all your HDMI connectors on the TV set and turn it on. Does it now stay on?

Darken the room, stare at the TV screen when you press the power button. Does your LCD screen light up then shut off within 2-3 seconds of it lighting up? Or is it lit longer than that?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It stays on, but says 'no signal' in the middle of the screen.....

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cables are unplugged, but it was longer than 2-3 seconds.... The LG logo came up, then it attempted to connect for 2-3 and powered down. Currently it is still on (cables unplugged) but stating no signal!

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Ok to research your problem further, we do need to get the TV's full model number.

There should be a sticker on the back of your TV set showing the short version and the "product code" version of your TV's model. Can you get that?