Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I was changing my remote control but when finished the screen

Customer Question

I was changing my remote control but when finished the screen on my lg tv went white and displays v3.03.1 and will not turn off or go to any other channel. What can I do ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

I'm not 100% sure this will work for you, but you do need the TV's original remote to try this --

1. Press the "Return" or "Exit" key on the LG remote control.
2. Power the TV off with the LG remote control.
3. Power the TV back on with the LG remote control.

NOTE: In some cases this can be caused by use of third party control devices, such as universal remotes. If you have followed the steps and cleared the display and the "version number" message returns, please discontinue use of the accessory and use only the supplied LG remote control.

You have accidently activated the TV's Version number screen (v3.03.01).

You may be able do deactivate it by trying either the LG remote's OK button or the MENU button for 8 - 10 seconds too.

Have you pressed the Power button on the TV set for 8-10 seconds?

How about unplugging the TV for 20 minutes?

If you try all of those reset procedures, look on the back of your TV set for the TV's model number (example here) --

No matter what, if you were programming a universal remote, avoid it and only use the LG remote and see if it backs you out of the Version screen. Let me know if you're successful.