Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

tv standby light flashing cannot turn tv on

Customer Question

Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 3 years ago.
Can you get us your TV's brand name and the TV's model number? The model number is usually found on a sticker on the back, and if it's a TV that can be wall mounted, you may find a second sticker mounted on the right edge of the TV set.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tv name SAMSUNG model UE32C4000PW

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Ok, we need to check some voltages on a certain plug in your TV set. The most critical one is labled the SW Power, which is the on/off switch to turn the rest of the TV set on.

But for that to actually work, it needs to have a constant 5 volts when the plug is plugged in. I think you have that since your standby power light seems to flash.

The 2nd one that's important is actually the SW inverter line which is the on/off switch for the TV screen's lamps. You can't see a picture if it doesn't turn on.

I've created a picture of your TV set with information about the one plug we need to check in the red box. It's basic, gives you an idea on what we want to check (yellow highlights) and tells you how to figure out if the ODD numbered pins are on the bottom of the plug or the even numbered pins are on the bottom. It's a dual inline plug with all odd numbered pins on one side and the even numbered pins on the opposite side.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

If you have a DIGITAL camera, Pictures are more informative than words are.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

This second picture is a good example. Notice the white triangle by the plug? That points to pin 1 and the one above it is pin 2. Odd on bottom, even pins on top. and that list with the arrow to the right of it tells you which pin numbers have which voltages on it.

That's not your plug, that's an EXAMPLE plug that I got a picture of on another customer's TV set. He had the same problem as yours does.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
could you let me know if there is any practical solution to the problem
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Well at this point, the only practical solution would be to remove power and see if the TV resets itself. Can you unplug the TV set for about 20 minutes and plug it back in and see if it comes alive?

If your LED light was flashing, I would expect your TV's micro to be fully operational, but It could have partially locked up.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have unpluggbut the problem is the sameed and remove the plug from the socket for longer than 20 minutes

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry but with that information it is imposible to do anything

unplugged and plugged again with no result

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Ok, then PRACTICAL Solutions have come and gone.

Now it's time to test voltages. It's not impractical, but it does come down to needing a screw driver, a voltmeter, and a confident attitude that tells you that you can test voltages on a TV set. I can help, but it is a 2-way street at this point in time. I need you, and you need me to work together as a team so we can score a goal.