TV-Tech1
TV-Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 years servicing Tellys
26807325

i have samsung HDMI monitor 21" LED. whenever i turn it on

Customer Question

i have samsung HDMI monitor 21" LED. whenever i turn it on it shows me display for a while then its blank and black screen. however i can hear the sound
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

How long does the picture stay on the TV screen? 3 seconds? 25 minutes? That's important to know if its a VERY short time or a Long time before it goes black.

Also, find your model number on it. If it's a TV set you'll find it here --

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it only stays for 3 seconds Model No: P2270HD.

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

3 seconds is bad. You have a lamp in your lcd panel that isn't powering up and lighting. When it doesn't light, the TV's Lamp power supply circuit has to shut down the TV set to protect it from arcing to the chassis or the cabinet. It's a safety circuit that protects the TV and you from getting hurt.

I was hoping it would stay on for a long time, then go black. That would just be the TV's inverter and you could replace that inexpensively. But the bad lamp....you have to replace the LCD panel in it, and that part is quite expensive. My wife's Samsung monitor did the same thing. I had to buy a new unit, because it cost less than replacing the LCD panel. I got a larger unit for around $130, and the panel cost $270, even though the original price of the new unit was $225 when I bought it.

For $130 I got an LED LCD. The flourescent LCDs are even lower if you can find one. I prefer the LED over the flourescents anyways.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

you mean i cant fix it i need to buy another one

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.
The cost of the panel would exceed the cost of a newer model. Seriously, I was in the same situation with my Samsung. I checked the cost and the replacement was less and it was designed to be more reliable.