Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I have an LG 50 inch plasma tv in the last week 3 thin green

Customer Question

I have an LG 50 inch plasma tv in the last week 3 thin green lines have appeared on screen, how can I fix this problem.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Ok, we know it's a 50 inch TV, so that's helpful. If you recall where you have your TV's instruction manual, and possibly the year that you purchased it, maybe the month too, it may help us to identify your TV set.

LG model numbers have a distinctive design to their model numbers

Example RU-42PZ61 or PG71. 50PJ650 or 50PJ650N.

From the PZ or PJ on, that actually denotes the chassis installed inside it. The 42 or 50 denotes the size of the TV set.

RU or lack of it, that usually denotes the difference in TYPE of TV set it is.

So the model number does tell us quite a bit of information if it's available. The customer manual/instruction guide should have the model number on it, and just look at the ones with a 50 near the beginning of the model.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry I can't find the manual /instruction guide
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have found owners manual disc but I don't have a computer I am using an iPad the only no on it isP/NO.SAC31539728(1006-REVO6)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have just realised you only see lines when the back round is red , yellow and orange.
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Yeah, sounds like a buffer to me. Listen is this perhaps a THIN plasma? One that's less than maybe one inch thick? That sticker that I showed you in that picture. LG is known to put it just around the corner on the LEFT...or RIGHT edge. That's mostly for technicians dealing with wall mounted TV sets. That's why they put it there. LG may call their model number a "model code" or "product code". If you have a mirror and flashlight it could help you see if that sticker is there. I don't know if that helps, but I've had to deal with wall mounted units and usually the manufacturer stickers the TV to help the servicers out.