Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

my nikon coolpix s250 camera comes up with a lens error how

Customer Question

my nikon coolpix s250 camera comes up with a lens error how can i get rid of it?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy and I will be happy to assist you. I am very sorry to hear you are having trouble with your camera. The first thing you would want to do is look at the lens straight in front of you. Make sure it is centered if it is not using your fingers push it a little towards the center. It should move back into place and the lens will retract if this is the problem.

The second thing to check would be for dust around the lens itself. Using a can of compressed air or something similar blow out the area around the lens. You can get a can of compressed air from any local computer or electronics shop for around $3.

I really hate to have to tell you this but unfortunately after doing that if the problem is still there I am sorry to say it is most likely a problem with the rubber runners that sit around the edges of the lens. These runners can be replaced but are not normally sold separately.

Any local camera, or electronics repair shop should be able to fix it but to do so they will replace the entire lens. The price of the part can vary depending on shop and whether or not they can find a generic replacement so I would call around. The labor cost would be about an hours worth the work at the shops rate. This rate is normally between $60 and $75 per hour anything more than that is to much.

Due to the price of the repair some people do decide to replace the camera as it can be cheaper. If you decide to go that route I would be happy to help you find a replacement. If you have any questions at all or need any help with any of this let me know by clicking on reply to expert I will be happy to help you. If not please consider leaving a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
.