Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I bought a Panasonic 42inch tv about 18 months ago model TX-P42GT30B

Customer Question

I bought a Panasonic 42inch tv about 18 months ago model TX-P42GT30B and was watching it recently when a very loud bang came from the inside,it now does not work.Although it switches on the green on light quickly goes to red.Surely there must be a fault somewhere.My wife noticed that the television used to get very hot despite it being fitted with a fan.I have now had the expense of buying another tv to replace it.Could you please tell me what could have caused this to happen Mr T CHAPMAN [email protected]
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.
Usually loud bangs occur from the power supply, the SS or SC board or possibly from what we call the SU or SD boards connected to the SC board on the left side of the chassis.

We usually LOOK for the exploded/cracked part on those boards to isolate the problem.
You still have the back cover off of your TV set?