TV-Tech1
TV-Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 years servicing Tellys
26807325

I currently have a 4 way extension that I use for my computer

Customer Question

I currently have a 4 way extension that I use for my computer and monitor and modem I have been informed by my landlord that an electrician is going to put in sockets in the wall what do I say to the electrician so that I can get my computer up and running ?+
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

Computer, monitor and modem? If you only have 3 devices connected, you may ask the electrician if he could install a 3 gang socket, They are available. Most likely he can get one, or he has one on him. If he calls you for an appointment, I would inform him of your needs so he can come prepared. The fire issue isn't the wall plug, it's the cord from the wall plug to the 4 way. Friction, chafing....that's the issue with extensions, and the landlord doesn't want any increases in insurance on his property.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/electrical-sockets/2227926/