Nick H.
Nick H., Hobbyist
Experience:  Working with Digital Cameras for the last 5 years.
63271161

I have an OLYMPUS Stylus 410Digital camera, when I open the

Customer Question

I have an OLYMPUS Stylus 410Digital camera, when I open the lens barrier the Lens does not come out.Please can you advise
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX will be assisting you with your Camera issue.

Please leave the lens barrier open. Turn off your camera. Turn it back on. Do the lens come out?

If not, when and where did you purchase your camera?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I purchased camera about 2004-2005 cannot remember where.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.
Thanks so much for your reply Rosemary.

Please try this. Turn on your camera. Open the Lens barrier all the way until it clicks. If the Lens do not come out, it has hardware/mechanical problem. It's called Stuck Lens.

You can try to pull the Lens gently. See if the lens will come out.

Or you can use a flat screw-driver to assist the Lens. Be gentle.

If all failed, you can bring your camera to a camera repair center/shop to get it repaired. Usually this will cost about 20 to 60 Pounds. Depends on how bad the hardware are or what needs to be replaced.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that I am not getting credit until you rate my answer 3 rating or higher. You are rating my service, not site-issues or the outcome/nature of this question.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!

Nick