Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Unable to print from my apple ipad to epson stylus office BX630FW

Customer Question

Unable to print from my apple ipad to epson stylus office BX630FW - no air printer found
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

http://www.staples.com/HP-Printer-DealsSUPNEW-SUP/cat_CL166108?cid=PS:GS:CO:OP:B:8:12076:hp_airprint_printers

The Ipad requires specific drivers to be loaded to print to specific printers. Those above have them built in directly to connect your Ipad.

Any other routing will require the correct router with the driver built into it. Maybe even a computer with Apple Operating System on it.

Personally...a Direct link to printer situation is be more affordable.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bought my Epson stylus office BX630FW as it was an air printer and understood from the information given on purchase that it was compatible with the Apple Ipad. From your reply I take out that only HP printers are compatible.

Is there any app that will enable the Epson to print , or is that not possible

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Sorry...we kind of have to take a look at the WHOLE PICTURE here --

Your BX 630 seems to be Air Print enabled. So the next step is to make sure your Ipad has the correct Operating system, and your Ipad printer drivers are updated to get it to communicate with your printer.

Hopefully it a direct link capable unit with it's own wireless reciever. I'll have to look and see, but if you only have wireless thru a router, and the router is hardwired using LAN cables...we may have to reroute .

You could have wireless turned off on your printer...that would be one reason you get the "no air printer found" response.

So, knowing how you presently print TO your printer does help verify that possibility.