Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

I am installing a Humax Youview to a

Customer Question

I am installing a Humax 'Youview' to a Panasonic TX LMD70A TV. Part of the excercice is to instal a universal remote control. To do this I need to in put a TV code-however the guide shows for panasonic 15 codes. Which of these should I use?? David XXXXXX

Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

The reason there are so many variations on those codes is because Panasonic has used that many sets of codes over the last 10 to 15 year period. One set of codes for every TV chassis built by Panasonic.

Unfortunately Humax doesn't distinguish which code is for which year. They list the codes from the most popular to the least popular code. Usually if you try the first 5, about 80% of them get your TV to turn off and on, and let you adjust the volume and channel/inputs if the universal remote is set to operate the TV in TV mode.

How many of those codes have you tried? Only those two?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks I will work thro' the options-however is there not a master list of models to codes?

David

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

I truly wish there was a code to model list that was supplied by the manufacturer and Humax, but it would require constant updating and consume a lot more memory in a PDF file...so that's really the reason they only provide all codes for the Panasonic brand. As newer codes arrive, they just add it to the top of the list, and about 3 to 15 models are added, depending on how many models the manufacturer decides to build that year.

Another thing worth mentioning is that Humax units may be sitting in a warehouse for months before they are purchased. Usually it's only a month, but you should look at your present software and make sure it matches this last software update --

http://www.youview.com/support/kb/automatic-software-update-april-2013