Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

Nikon coolpix S3200 stuck and wont switch off, I had downloaded

Customer Question

Nikon coolpix S3200 stuck and wont switch off, I had downloaded pictures but did not switch off camera before unplugging usb cable
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 4 years ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. I will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.

Have you tried removing and reinserting the batteries? If not, I would suggest doing that without the cable plugged in. Then plug back in if necessary. If the batteries have no charge, the lens will not retract until they do - so if you are gaging whether it is on by the lens, that's something else to consider.

When you remove from the computer, you should do an "eject" or "safely remove". Not disconnecting properly should not cause this problem, however. What it can cause is corruption of data, but not usually a malfunction of the camera.

Let me know if that helps and/or what happens after and we can go from there.

Mike