SkillJim
SkillJim, Customer Service
Experience:  Can help with any electronics questions, from technical to general information.
74775890

Hi.. my Sony camcoder wont let me play my videos it gives me

Customer Question

Hi.. my Sony camcoder wont let me play my videos it gives me a data error message.. it is a Sony HDRPJ2000. Can you please help thank you.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  SkillJim replied 4 years ago.

SkillJim :

Hi there, my name is James and I would be happy to help you today!

SkillJim :

Have you tried accessing the video files on your computer by transferring them across from the camera?

SkillJim :

the reason I ask is because the data may be corrupted on the memory card, and may need to be formated (All files deleted)

SkillJim :

if you can get the videos to work fine on your computer, I would suggest copying them across to your computer so that they are safe, and then go ahead and format your memory card, take a couple of test videos with the fresh card and verify that everything is working correctly

SkillJim :

and then move the video files back to the card and test again

SkillJim :

you could have 1 file that is the culprit, or you may find that this process fixes the error regardless :)

SkillJim :

I will await your response until you can test this out for me

SkillJim :

and thank you for using Justanswer today :)

Expert:  SkillJim replied 4 years ago.
Hi Sarah,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
James.