SkillJim
SkillJim, Customer Service
Experience:  Can help with any electronics questions, from technical to general information.
74775890

Excuse my ignorance. I am trying to update the maps for my

Customer Question

Excuse my ignorance. I am trying to update the maps for my Garmin NUVI 1300. I have been sent a small card which looks something like I put into my Mobile Phone. How please do I update my navigator with this?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  SkillJim replied 4 years ago.

SkillJim :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX i would be happy to assist you with your question today :)

SkillJim :

Does the small card have any text on it? such as SD Card, or a branding?

Expert:  SkillJim replied 4 years ago.

After researching your particular sat nav model, I believe the slot for the card you have received is on the top left as you look at the unit. To insert the card correctly you need to have the screen of your Nuvi facing you, and the brass connectors of the card also facing you, and then slide into the slot until you hear the card click into place. Once the card is inserted you need to power your sat nav up and the maps should be updated.

I have enclosed a photo of the slot that the card should fit into below - hope this helps!

Garmin Maps Card

If you need anymore assistance please do not hesitate to respond!

If you are happy with my response please could you rate it between 3 and 5 so that I receive credit for helping you today :)

Expert:  SkillJim replied 4 years ago.
Hi Brian,

Just a quick follow up to see if you managed to find the slot for your Garmin card and update your maps?

Hope everything went smoothly!

All the best,
Thanks,
James.