adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Customer Service
Experience:  Just Answer Moderator
74353250

will a samsung CLP354W work with a Samsung chromebook 303C

Customer Question

will a samsung CLP354W work with a Samsung chromebook 303C12?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Only cloud print machines will work on the chromebook.

In order to use this machine on your chromebook you would need to connect it to another computer using Google cloud print.
This is the page you would need to use on the computer: Click Here
This has to be done on a different computer it can not be done to connect the machine on the chromebook.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.

If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Freddy

Apparently this model of printer is compatible with cloud print, there are instructions in the manual as to set-up. This includes entering my printer's IP address. This is where I am stuck!

Lisa

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Do I have the correct model?

CLP354W

Because that model is not compatible with google's cloud print directly.
You would need to use a computer as a median like I mentioned before.
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Freddy

Oh! what confused me is that when you go through the print set-up on Cloud Print you are taken to a page where you select the make of printer from a list ( I select Samsung) and the model CLP354W appears in the list of compatible printers. It then directs you to your printer User manual.

In the manual there is a section on Cloud Print Set up, which says you can 'print using your mobile phone, tablet, or any other web-connected devices ...so you don’t need to install the printer driver on the mobile device'.

Steps are:

• Make sure the printer machine is turned on and connected to a wired or wireless network that has access to the Internet.

• Then sign into Gmail.

• Then enter your printer's IP adress in the google browser window

• There is mention of GOOGLE DOCS application - can I get this app on to my chromebook from Google Store

• Does this mean it is or isn't compatible??

Lisa

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
That means it is compatible only if your printer is connected to your network wirelessly.
Is it connected that way?
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you mean a network that has PC's?

My printer is only connected to the router by ethernet(?) cable. I was trying to avoid purchasing a new PC for a new small office space.

If the answer is that this particular printer has to be connected via a PC, is there a printer I can purchase that doesn't require a PC to work on Cloud Print with the Chromebook? (If so could you recommend one please?)

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
It should work connected to the router.
Let's see if we can print out a configuration page.
Press and hold the Stop/Clear button or on your printer for 4 seconds or until the status LED blinks slowly 4 times, and release.
It should print out the page that has the ip address on it.
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry Freddy

I'm in a different office at present. Would it be possible to continue this tomorrow at about the same time of day?

Lisa

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
That's no problem take all the time you need.
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks very much - as you can see my knowledge is a bit sparse to say the least!

Thanks for your patience -I'll catch up with you tomorrow evening.

Lisa

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Your welcome.
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Freddy

Since we last spoke I have found the printer's IP address and followed Samsung's set up instructions which is done through SyncThru™ Web Service -this all works and I have printed two pages directly from the print management pages. So the printer is recognised somewhere and is functional. However, I cannot get Google Cloud Print to recognise it or print from google drive?

Any ideas?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
I am going to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Oh ok - what does that mean?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Freddy - I have had no responses from any one else. I still need help!!

Lisa

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Adam

Yes please find me an expert.

One query though, if you can't find anyone to help do I get a refund?

thanks

Lisa

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam