Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Our Samsung tv sound gets progressively out of synch as you

Customer Question

Our Samsung tv sound gets progressively out of synch as you watch a program. It is connected to a virgin media box by hdmi. If you turn tge tv off and on again it is back in sync. Suggestions?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX'll be happy to assist you,
I'm sorry you are having this difficulty.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- Can you please get the model number written on back or side of TV?
- Have you tried to unplug TV and media box power cords from wall socket for 10 minutes to reset, replug and check? some times it resolve the issue.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes I have unplugged it all and restarted. We have only had the tv a few weeks and noticed the problem from the start. Model no. UE32EH4003.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Lucy for the info.

- There is Audio Delay option in sound menu, have you tried it to correct the sync issue?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There is no audio delay option in the sound menu. Is there anywhere else I can change these settings?

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
ah, my mistake, sorry for that.
Please check Menu > Sound > Additional Settings > Audio Delay.
This control gives 0ms to 250ms delay to sync the sound with picture.
Please post back, does it help to resolve the sync issue?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Menu/sound/additional settings. Additional settings isn't available (greyed out). You can view the options in additional settings but the only options are DTV Audio level and Dolby Digital comp.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the info, it seems this option probably works in this model when TV connected to an AV receiver.

Our next option is to update TV frimware (internal software) with USB device.
- Do you have USB flash drive to download firmware update from Samsung support site to proceed?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I have a USB drive to hand.

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
Excellent, Please formate USB drive in PC to FAT32 system, insert USB drive containing the firmware upgrade file ( T-NVTE4DEUC_1009.0 37.4MB) , downloaded from “www.samsung.com” into the TV, go to TV Menu > Support > Software Update > push Enter to proceed.

Please be careful not to disconnect the power or remove the USB drive until upgrades are complete. The TV will be turned off and on automatically after completing the firmware upgrade. When software is upgraded, video and audio settings you have made will return to their default settings.

Please post back how it wokred to resolve the sync issue.