Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

We have two Sony Bravia, the main one was geared to a Sony

Customer Question

We have two Sony Bravia, the main one was geared to a Sony DVD and a Humax HDR-Fox T2. The DVD we have had for many years, it went exceptionally wrong, we have now disconnected it. It effected the Humax, and putting this right, we now have showing on our screen: HDMI 1. a square box with three dots, and a arrow pointing in on the left, underneath this is 576i, when viewing any channel. I have contacted Humax who states this is control by the television, not being technical could you please help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

First off....the TV NEVER CONTROLS the Input or the BOX's resolution.

You either connect it to HDMI for all the Hi Def video, or you connect it with Scart and DON'T GET Hi Def..

Cablewise, it's that simple.

As for 576i and 1080i....576i is Low Def, and if you are using Scart...it's Low Def 576i. Try connecting it to HDMI, or even the Component cable connections because those are the only ones that will deliver 1080.

So now look at the connections you are using on your Humax.-- It's HDMI and you're getting the Humax picture on the TV screen, rigtht?

Then half the battle is won.

The other half we'll continue after a response from you.