Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

In Sibelius 7, suddenly I cant load up a file

Customer Question

In Sibelius 7, suddenly I can't load up a file ( my arrangement). When I click FILE then OPEN or RECENT a white blank page appears instead of my arrangement. Could you help me please? Thanks DON XXXX

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 4 years ago.
Hello. My name isXXXXX will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.

Don, when you open a file and get a blank white page, have you noticed whether, if you leave it alone for a few minutes, it eventually loads the arrangement?

Also, are you using any plugins?

Mike
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike, thanks for your help so far. If I leave the white page alone , it still does not load the arrangement that I have been working on. Also, I am not using any plug-ins. I tried everything - sometimes as you know, closing everything down & shutting off, & re-starting does the trick - but not for me !!! I am so disappointed - It's not a cheap system to buy & I feel that one should not have a basic problem like this occur.

Regards DON

I agree with you completely. I just recommended today that someone upgrade to version 7 from 5.2 because they have fixed a lot of the nagging problems from version 5. I was relieved to see that you were not the same person! But still, this is unacceptable. What makes it moreso is that it's not just you. The software is great when it works, but it's not uncommon to have these unexplained issues.

I should have asked previously, but what operating system and version are you running it on? Also, what incremental version of 7 do you have?

Mike
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Mike, I am using Windows 7 Home Premium I.Hope this is all the information you require. Not sure what you mean about INCREMENTAL

If Necessary, tell me where I can find this info.

Regards DON

Under help>about in the application. What I want to find out is if you are using the latest update - for example version 7.1.3
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike -Have you solved our Sibelius & problem yet please - time is marching on & I need to finish the arrangement. As I said, We use the Windows 7 Home Premium version.

DON

Son, I can't solve the problem without your help. I still need to know the exact version number under the help menu.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Mike - My system is Windows 7 Home Premium version 6.1.7601 build 760.

DON

What about the version of the software? In the application, please go to help>about. What I've been trying to find out is what exact version of Sibelius 7 you have installed.