Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a sony tv model no. KDL-40S55OOU purchased 8/10/09 with

Customer Question

I have a sony tv model no. KDL-40S55OOU purchased 8/10/09 with a 4 year warranty getting no help from supplier Digital Direct (GB) Ltd. The picture takes while to fill in and moves in slow motion could you please advise
Nick Pearce XXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.

Hello, my name isXXXXX be happy to assist you,

I have seen this symptom in few LCD TVs and found LCD panel (screen) was defective, sorry for the bad news.
LCD panel (screen) is high cost part, approx 80% of TV and would not be feasible to replace it in this TV because a new TV of same size would be available even in less amount now a days.

I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!