Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Hu. I have a samsung 40" -45" LCD. Had it 18 months. It has

Customer Question

Hu.
I have a samsung 40" -45" LCD. Had it 18 months. It has developed a dark area on the top
third of the picture going about half way acrross. This keeps flickering and goes than comes back. I it is a straight line across. Any Ideas. Have had trouble with cable,mixed picture cracking noises etc. wondered if this could have caused it.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

Flickering...does it seem to show up when you first turn on the TV, and then after 15 minutes does it seem to have disappeared?

Any chance you have a digital camera that you can use to take a picture of the TV screen so we can see your problem?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes it did do to start with but it is there all the time

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Hmm, ok...let's see if the TV screen reacts to this --

With the TV on, see if you can grab the left side and right side of the TV frame. Hopefully it's not too wide to do that. Now see if you can flex the frame in opposite directions pulling out on the left, while pushing in on the right, and then vice versa. You don't have to flex it a lot, but you do want to apply some force to flex the LCD frame. Usually I push it about an inch on both sides to see if it responds to the flexing or not.

See if the bar you see comes and goes during flexing or reacts to the flexing.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry i am having problems with broadband will have to log of

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.
Ok, send me a note when you run that test. I want to see if we are dealing with either a heat related issue or cracked solder.