Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a ALEDDVD1601V - 16" LED Digital TV / DVD Combi ( 12/240v)

Customer Question

I have a ALEDDVD1601V - 16" LED Digital TV / DVD Combi ( 12/240v) it appears that the digital decoder is faulty as it works with an external freeveiw box - any ideas on what maybe wrong ?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Shahid, I'll be happy to assist you,
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- Can you please get the model number written on back of TV?
- How old is it and how long it have stopped showing channels through coaxial straight in it?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is the akuraALEDVD160V MSD306, I bought it with a motorhome, it still has the plastic cover on the flat screen and looks new, not sure when the fault occurred
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Michael for the reply.

If you have tried to tune channels by selecting DTV in channel scan menu and TV didn't get any channel that means tuner is defective where coaxial goes in TV that receives channel signals and sends to signal processor chip in TV, I'm sorry in that situation we need to replace entire main board of TV as tuner may not be available separately or can't be replaced because of tough soldering work on main circuit board.

I would recommend to keep external freeveiw box with TV for channels instead of investing money on its repair / main board replacement.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Shahid.