carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

I bought a panosonic tv 15 months ago. It is a tx-L42E5B. Today

Customer Question

I bought a panosonic tv 15 months ago. It is a tx-L42E5B. Today I bought a wireless Lan adaptor that will only work with 2012 tvs. I tried setting it up. I registered my wireless router and then it went back to the hdmi screen. I don't know how to get it working. please help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Question my name is Carl and I will try and help with your question.

Is the wireless lan connected to the tv using USB

JACUSTOMER-74r8uqld- :

Yes - I think I figured it out. I pressed the internet button on the remote. It would appear that the service with Panasonic is rigid and I cannot access any website I want over the internet. It just seems to be Netflix etc. If this is incorrect please respond. If not -thanks for your help.

carlday1 :

I would have expected you to have been able to do a lot with the tv once connected. Do you know if you have the latest firmware for the set.

Here are the update instructions.

1. Press the menu button
2. Select network then software update press ok
3. Follow on screen instructions