carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

we have a samsung model le26c450e1w tv which suddenly went

we have a samsung model le26c450e1w tv which suddenly went blank. The standby light is lit but the remote nor the power button bring it to life. Can you help please? My e-mail address is :[email protected]
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try and help with your question.

I am sorry to hear you are having problems unfortunately my first thought is the psu has failed in the tv and I am afraid will need repair, I can talk you through testing the psu if you want me too. It will involve taking the back off the tv.

Does the light flash or does the tv make any attempt to turn on?

Customer:

The light is steady and makes no attempt to turn on Carl.

carlday1 :

I am sorry to have to say this but it is likely to be a capacitor on the Power Supply board. I have come across a similar problem on a similar power supply. I could talk you through repairing the psu yourself if you wanted me too.

You could buy a new psu and change it yourself or you could take the tv in for repair.

The psu is here, I am 99% sure it is the right psu but I would advise if you did plan on changing it yourself to check in the tv first.

http://www.lcd-plasma-parts.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=11610

I can put you in touch with a tv engineer in your area if you want me too. I would expect if you took the set in for repair it to cost around £40 - £60

Customer:

Thanks Carl I was afraid it would be something dear. It's many many years since I've wielded a soldering iron so we will take it in to get fixed. If you would be so kind as to recommend an engineer I would be grateful.

Customer:

Sorry - I live in Glasgow G40 2RS

carlday1 :

Sorry for the delay I have been away from the computer.

The only one I can find in your are is

Steve

0141(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
www.glasgow.tvrepairs.eu

He is a member of a tv repair forum that I am a member of. Hopefully he will be able to help you.

Customer:

thanks

Customer:

the site will not let me rate you as it says you have not finished answering from last night

carlday1 :

I should be ok to rate me now. I hope you get your tv sorted should you need anymore advice feel free to ask me.