SkillJim
SkillJim, Customer Service
Experience:  Can help with any electronics questions, from technical to general information.
74775890

Hi my daughter in law died in an accident along with my son

Customer Question

Hi my daughter in law died in an accident along with my son in jan this year.clare had a garmin nuvi 1DN237782 ,We are unable to use it as it is locked to her secure number.It would give us great comfort to be able to have something of clares in the car on long journeys .If you could help us in this matter we would be very grateful.Many thanks Dawn
Category: Electronics
Expert:  SkillJim replied 3 years ago.

SkillJim :

Hi Dawn, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you with your question today!

SkillJim :

Unfortunately, the secure code feature on the Garmin devices cannot be removed without either 1 of 3 methods...

SkillJim :

1. Enter the PIN code designated by the original user - i.e your daughter in law

SkillJim :

2. Take the device to the security location - a location that your daughter in law would have set in to the device along with the pin, when securing it

SkillJim :

3. Send the device off to Garmin for them to remove

SkillJim :

By the sounds of your question, you are unable to do the first 2 steps, and so your only viable option if you wish to use the device is to send it off to Garmin

SkillJim :

This is stated on the Garmin website:

NOTE: If you forget your PIN and your security location, Garmin Product Support cannot unlock the GPS over the phone. You must send the device to Garmin for service. Please contact Garmin Product Support for further assistance: http://www.garmin.com/us/support/contact

SkillJim :

If you click the above link and select Europe from the 3 tabs, you can click to Email Garmin customer support and explain your situation. They will reply with an address and time frame for you to send them your device and have it returned with the secure code removed.

SkillJim :

I hope my information has been useful and I wish you all the best in getting your device up and running, and I also wish to offer my condolences for the situation you had described.

SkillJim :

If you need anymore help with anything I have already mentioned or further assistance with anything more please feel free to reply and I will try my best to aid you.

SkillJim :

If you are however happy with the information I have given, please could you take a moment to rate my help, as I would very much appreciate it :)

SkillJim :

Thanks,
James.

Expert:  SkillJim replied 3 years ago.
Hi Dawn, just wanted to make sure that you got my answer alright, as I typed it in Live chat when you were online, but after I didn't receive a response from you after a short period I closed the live chat.

If you did receive my answer fine, I was wondering if there was anything else I could help you with?

Hope everything goes okay, all the best,
James.
Expert:  SkillJim replied 3 years ago.

Hello again Dawn,

I see you have viewed this question recently, and just wanted to make sure that you were happy with the answer I gave you since your question is set to close in a days time.

If you were happy would you mind taking a second to rate my service between a 3 and a 5 so that I can receive credit for the help :)

Thank you very much, and I hope everything is going okay for you!

As always if you want to ask any additional questions please feel free to reply within this question.