*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

My Panasonic projector model PT-AE2000E has failed.

My Panasonic projector model PT-AE2000E has failed. A new bulb was fitted earlier this year and untill tonight has been working well. When switched this evening I could just make out the word Panasonic to be replaced with a flickering screen alternating between blue and yellow. Can you help. Ian xxxxxx. Edinburgh.

Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name isXXXXX will assist you with your Panasonic Projector. I am sorry to hear this happened, I will do my best to help you get it working again. Please try this first, disconnect all the cables from the projector, video, power, etc... Then hold the power button down for 60 seconds. Then reconnect the power cable, be sure that all of the connections are clean and secure. With only the power cable connected, press the power button for 10 seconds. If the projector turns on and works normal, then reconnect the input video cable,be sure that all of the connections are clean and secure. Let me know if this works. If it doesn't we willl try further troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for trying to help.
I followed your instructions but all that has happened is that instead of flashing on and off blue and yellow it is simply flashing on and off blue!
Ian C
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your help.
I have followed your instructions but little has changed. The projecter is simply flashing on and of blue!
Okay, try this next please.
  1. If the projector screen is flashing off and on,
  2. Connect the projector to known good input cable and source, if you have a dvd player or something you can get with the cable that you are sure is good. then
  3. access the projector's Signal menu and change the input signal (Computer1 Input or Computer2 Input) from Auto to Component.
  4. Once an image appears, change the input signal to Auto.
If that still does not work then unfortunately that means the bulb is bad, before you replace the bulb make sure that the filter is clean and the bulb cooling fan is working properly, if they are then the bulb was probably low qaulity, try buying from a different source this time.Amazon has this bulb >>>PLEASE CLICK HERE<<
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It worked!

Many thanks.
Ian C
Edinburgh.
Scotland