Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

have samsung s2 running latest orange firmware, opened memo

Customer Question

have samsung s2 running latest orange firmware, opened memo for the very first time and it seems to have corrupeted the firmware as all the letters are now yellow and apps, pictures etc have a pale yellow "shadow", have reset to factory reset but still there tried going into settings but cannot find anyway to change colour or remove the offending app
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will try and help with your question.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble, do you use the samsung kies software?

Within the software is an option to replace the phones firmware if you are having trouble with the phone. I think this would be the best thing to try but it could remove data from the phone like photos and contacts. If the phone is still working ok I would back it up first in the kies software.

The kies software can be download here.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 3 years ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. I see that your question has been open for quite some time and I wanted to offer my assistance.

If you have done a wipe/factory reset, there would be nothing remaining from your previous setup unless it was restored from Google.

I would suggest doing the wipe/reset again and when you go through the initial setup, you will be given the option to restore your old settings and also to keep your phone backed up. You can leave the backup checked, but make sure you remove the check next to the option to restore.

If you do this and you still have the problem, then it would indicate that you have had a hardware failure. If that is the case, I would suggest exchanging it or having it repaired under warranty. Also, there are very few applications that could do this to Android. It would have to be something that has direct access to the hardware like "Screen Adjuster". If that is the case, then the wipe without restore should fix it. If not, then it will need service, I'm afraid. Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike
SQ