carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

We have a KX-TG8522E and in the past week some calls have come

Customer Question

We have a KX-TG8522E and in the past week some calls have come through with one ring and then hang up - while others have come through ok. Any suggestions? We run a business and it is getting difficult to trade.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will try and help with your question.

Do you have another phone you could try on your master socket. I feel it might be a line fault rather than a phone fault. You can leave the cordless one plugged in but I would put another wired phone if you have one into the master socket and see how it goes this week

Is the cordless phone plugged into the master socket?

Do you have any extensions?

JACUSTOMER-2uz7g2eb- :

Yes the cordless is in the main socket and there are no extensions - both power and telephony. I have plugged in an old ( BT) phone to the dual BT socket and it works - as does the Panasonic (on the same call) - so I unplug the old phone and try again and the same thing happens with the Panasonic - one ring and it hangs off. the cordless is still charging after 2 hours but this was not an issue last week.

JACUSTOMER-2uz7g2eb- :

As in we were experiencing the problem last week when the phone was not recharging

JACUSTOMER-2uz7g2eb- :

Going to bed - I run a B&B but will pick up tomorrow morning.

JACUSTOMER-2uz7g2eb- :

Cheers

carlday1 :

Hi, sorry for not getting back sooner not been near a computer in the last few days.

If the phone is struggling to charge it could be it needs a new battery. I have come across cordless before ringing once and hanging up because they are low in battery power and when they ring they turn their selves on and off.

I am unsure if this is your problem because it works fine when the wired phone is plugged in.

I think it would be worth getting a new battery.

I think the battery is a standard rechargeable AAA battery. 1.2V 800mAH x2

These would do the job.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9800854.htm#pdpProductReviews