*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have 2 handsets with Model KX-TG8622. After dialling 1471,

Customer Question

I have 2 handsets with Model KX-TG8622. After dialling 1471, on Saturday, put No. 1 on its charger but the display went white, no blue background, date, time etc. Can make & receive calls, but no caller's no.is displayed which is on the memory. Have read through operating instructions for this model, but nothing works. Handset No. 2 works normally. What have I done wrong?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 4 years ago.

Hi, my name is Randy.
I will assist you with your Panasonic KX-TG8622. I am sorry to hear that happened to your handset. This can probably be solved with a reset,

• Disconnect the base unit from the power and telephone line.
  • Remove the batteries from all handset and reinsert them.
  • Reconnect the base unit.
  • This will reset the units.

It might be necessary to re-register the handset to the base unit.
To register the handset to the base unit, you will need to access the menu then press:-

• Arrow down to HANDSET SETUP or SETTING HS and press OK
  • Arrow down to REGISTRATION (Some models skip this step) and press OK
  • Arrow down to REGISTER HS and press OK
  • Press and hold the pager button on the main base unit for more than 5 seconds
  • The handset should then require a pin number
  • Default pin number = 0000
  • Press OK

If that does not correct the problem try a system reset, follow these steps please.

• Disconnect the main base unit from the power supply and the telephone line
  • Remove the batteries from all of the handsets for approximately 1 hour.
  • Re-insert the batteries into the handsets and power up the base unit.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

A complete waste of £22. handset exactly the same - and as far as re-registering it I can't access anything let alone the menu. The other handset works on both charging units.

I am sorry that did not work, the handset is defective and will need to be replaced. Panasonic has a 12 month warranty.
JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee and you are not required to pay for something that did not help. Please remember I did my best to help under the circumstances, we value you as a customer and also want you to be satisfied. >PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A REFUND<