Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Could you please help? I need to get my camera shutter repaired

Customer Question

Could you please help? I need to get my camera shutter repaired quickly it's a DMC-T27 with a Lumix 25mm Ultra Wide Angle ? 12x I live in Putney SW15. My daughter is coming at the weekend and hasn't been home for 3 years, so I really need the camera. Thanks.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What happens exactly when it tries to close?
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Freddy, I do hope you'll be able to help me?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
I will do my best, though I would like to warn you ahead of time what you are describing can sometimes require replacing the entire lens. What happens exactly when the shutter tries to close?
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The shutter doesn't completly close. I've been waiting to have some news from you? have you come up with anyone who can help me yet?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
First let's see if the lens is simply off center which can cause this to happen.
To check that while holding the power button gently push the lens to the side.
Test this with both sides, if it is off center to one side doing this should get it to retract while holding the power button.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.