Rusty
Rusty, Music Professional
Experience:  Sound Engineer, Electrical Issues, Tone Consulting
63817454

Hi, The reverb on my Fender Blues Deluxe has suddenly...

Customer Question

Hi, The reverb on my Fender Blues Deluxe has suddenly stopped working (the amp is about 7 years old). I have inspect the reverb tank and connections and all look okay + I have also re-valved the amp. I suspect a component on the pcb - any comments? (Note: the amp has only ever been used in my studio - never gigged/abused!). Cheers, XXXXX XXXXX

Category: Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. You're right, it's a component on the PCB. Look for part number 020489 on the board. Follow the circuit from the reverb knob, and it should be easier to find. It's a 4 spring reverb unit. It has a red, white, and 2 shields connected to it. Let me know if you have trouble locating it. Click here to look at the service manual for reference and part numbers.