Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have an epson stylus SX445W. I have inserted 3 new cartridges

Customer Question

I have an epson stylus SX445W. I have inserted 3 new cartridges they have charged up the printer will not print now
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
If you make a copy/photocopy does that come out blank as well?
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes it copies ok

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
Ok if it is copying properly the problem is most likely on the computer, what version of windows or mac are you using?
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have windows home vista..

Just as a footnote i have tried to print a document again and it has come up with this

runtime error XXXXXXXXX (80010108)':

automation error

the object invoked has disconnected from it's clients.

furthermore I have this week had to have my lap top checked as the new AVG2013 installation had frozen up the software. It was found that the free avg that I had loaded whilst waiting for the disc to arrive had 'confused it' in laymens terms

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
You are going to need to restart your computer to follow these steps.
You can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top of the page.

click on the windows start button and in the search box type printers and press enter.
(if there is not search box click on control panel and then printers)

Right click on your machine and any copies of it and click on delete.
Then disconnect the cable connecting it to the computer.
(if using a cable if not skip any cable steps)

Restart the computer and reinstall the machine.
Only connect the usb cable when the computers asks you to or when the installation is finished.
Do not test the machine yet instead restart the computer again and then test it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Freddy sorry to have taken so long to answer but I cannot locate the startup disc..so am stumped!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
You can download the drivers and software from here: Click here
Epsons site unfortunately however is currently down so you may need to wait until later for the downloads and page to be available again.
.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok I will wait for them to come back on-line..lets hope that works. I should ahve told you that the printer is W.Fi enabled. does this make a difference?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 4 years ago.
.
No the steps are the same you would just want to skip any steps that involve the cable if you are using WiFi.
.