TV-Tech1
TV-Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 years servicing Tellys
26807325

Tv on off button keeps flashing and no picture

Customer Question

Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

We would need your TV's brand name and the model number. It's found on a sticker on the back of your TV set.

graphic

With your symptoms, we may need to remove the TV's rear cover and check some DC voltages with a voltmeter. On LCD TV sets we look for 12 and 18 or 24 volt supplies, and on PLASMA TV sets we look for 15 volts, 180 to 210 Volts DC and see if there are any lights lit up on some of the boards or not.

That's the reason we need the brand and model for starters. Having a voltmeter is nice, but it's not always needed. But we have to start somewhere, and the things I listed can fix about 80% of all TV problems.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Think i will just get someone local to fix it.I am clueless.