*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a Sony Bravia TV which has recently stopped working.

Customer Question

I have a Sony Bravia TV which has recently stopped working. It won't switch on and has a red LED that flashes twice every few seconds. I have tried a factory reset but this doesn't seem to work. Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name isXXXXX will assist you with your Sony TV. The TV may be stuck in stand by mode, if it is you can unplug the power for about 1 minute, then hold the power button down for 30 seconds then reconnect the power and see if it works. Please let me know if this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This didn't work. When I plug the TV in it immediately starts flashing a red LED which flashes twice every 5 seconds. Any other ideas?
I am sorry about that.I will check on this for you, give me a little time. Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Any reply on this Randy?

I am sorry for the delay, If the TV is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, unplug it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. Then make sure that the ENERGY SAVING SWITCH is On. Please let me know the model number of your Bravia.Image

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We live in Ireland and don't have the energy saving switch you mention. Our model is KDL-40EX401. Is it some part we'll have to physically replace or fix internally, and in which case will it be cheaper to buy a new TV?

Here is a description of the problem that might have occurred indicated by the number of blinks.Two blinks - B+ over current protection (OCP), unit goes to the standby mode then displays the 2 blink fault. Could be a short in the power supply of any of the circuits. Please try this and see if the diagnostic screen will come up, press the following buttons: Display>Channel> 5>volume Minus then Power. This brings up a screen with a list of the problems and number of times they have occurred.