*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

Vivitar ViviCam 7500i, everything works but will not take

Customer Question

Vivitar ViviCam 7500i, everything works but will not take photographs/video
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 3 years ago.

Hi Neil,

My name isXXXXX will assist you with the Vivicam 7500i. The SD memory card may be full. Insert a new memory card or Download the images and then delete them from the camera`s memory.

It is also possible that the memory card is not formatted correctly. Format the memory card again or use a new card. Please let me know if this helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Randy,

This is not the problem as I have tried a new card even though the first memory card was not full and it cannot be formatted incorrectly as I have been using it. Everything works but it will not take photographs.

Neil

Have you tried fresh batteries, sometimes even when new there may be a problem with one of the batteries, if the battteries get low or if the battery is defective the camera will not take pictures. Also check the contacts where the batteries connect to be sure they are shiny and clean. You can clean them with a pencil eraser or a soft cloth with rubbing alcohol.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Randy,

You appear to think there is more than one battery are you sure you are talking about the same model camera. The battery charges up O.K. with the charger, I don't see how it could possibly be the contacts or the other functions on the camera would not operate.

Regards Neil

Yes, sorry about the refernce to batteries, just referring to the battery pack. The camera will function with a low battery and still not take pictures or video. This really does not sound like the case with yours if the battery indicator is showing good charge, however it would be nice because it is the simplest thing to fix. Try doing a reset of the camera by removing the battery and sd card, then hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Then reinsert the battery while holding the power button, continue holding the power button for 10 seconds after you insert the battery. You can also reset all settings to default just in case <> , select "Default Setting" from the "Settings" menu and tap the "Enter" button. Confirm that you want to reset your camera by pressing the "OK" button. Let me know if this helps please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Randy,

I went through the procedure you described but nothing has changed,I still can not take photographs.

Regards Neil

I am sorry about that, unfortunately the steps I gave you are the only troubleshooting steps that we can do. If the battery is good and the reboot and reset did not correct the issue the camera has a failure with an internal component.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Randy,

To be told that I must have a faulty component in the camera is not I feel a satisfactory for the fee charged. I could have put that to a new camera but I bit the bullet and decided quite wrongly to get a solution to my camera malfunction.

Regards Neil

Hi Neil,
I completely understand, you do not have to pay. JustAnswer has a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

The fee is only charged as a deposit, you can get a full refund immediately.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Randy,

Thank you for that I will put it towards a new camera.

Best regards Neil

Sounds good.

Register Here
We value you as a customer and also want you to be satisfied. >PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A REFUND<