Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

OUR TV KEEPS PIXELATING LOSING THE PICTURE, MAKES A SQUEEKY

Customer Question

OUR TV KEEPS PIXELATING LOSING THE PICTURE, MAKES A SQUEEKY NOISE AS IT TRIES TO REGAIN PICTURE. SOMETIMES PULLING OUT ARIEL CABLE FROM SET IT SOLVES THE PROBLEM STRAIGHT AWAY BUT THE PROBLEM RETURNS.
SONY KDL 26 S 2010
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name isXXXXX'll be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your TV so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- Have you tried to perform auto program option in TV menu to update available channel data in TV?

Please provide me this info, I'll be happy to assist you further.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YES WER'E HAVING TO DO THAT CONSTANTLY.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Dave for the reply.

- Can you please check antenna pin of coax wire that plugs in TV, is it tight and secure?

- It was mentioned in question that pulling the ariel cable from TV usually fix the issue but I was asking to go into TV menu for auto-program to rescan TV channels in TV.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As per my previous answer, we use the digital setup to retune the TV regularly when the picture is lost.

Does the ariel connection need to be screwed in very tightly ?

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

No, Ariel pin simply goes in antenna jack on TV, can you please check Ariel pin both wires are not touching / shorted each other and is it coax wire coming from air antenna or its indoor Ariel?

Once we find out that Ariel and its wire is fine then will move to next step in trouble shooting.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We have now checked, both wires in ariel pin are not touching.

Ariel is mounted externally on roof.

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the info.

- Have you tried All Reset option in Set-up of TV Menu to restore default settings in TV then perform auto-program option to store fresh channel data in TV memory?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Shahid, we have just done as you have explained, picture looks better now, but time will tell,

Expert:  Shahid replied 3 years ago.

Excellent Dave, I hope TV will keep showing normal picture after resetting and updating channels.

Please post back how it worked and if problem returns then we are looking for tuner or main board replacement in this TV, it would be internal hardware issue as we have done all user level fixes.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,
Shahid.