*ElectronicsTech
*ElectronicsTech, Customer Service
Experience:  I have over 15 years experience as an electronics repair and troubleshooting technician.
62741268

I have a pdplx508d plasma thats 5 year warranty ran out 3

Customer Question

I have a pdplx508d plasma that's 5 year warranty ran out 3 months ago but the panel has developed a back ground buzzing noise that it getting worse. Is this the power supply or cooling fan? If I put my hand on the back cover at the top just off right centre and apply a little pressure the noise reduces ???
Category: Electronics
Expert:  *ElectronicsTech replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name is Randy. I will assist you with your Pioneer Plasma TV. The buzzing is usually caused by power regulators to the screen - this is very common with Plasmas. It could also be a fan. In either case you can probably remedy it with a little adjustment, try pressing the black plastic around the outer edge of the panel down onto the metal at the back until you find the spot where the buzzing goes away.

Put some black card or paper between the plastic and metal in the spot you found the buzz.

If that doesn't solve it - try adjusting the stand screws - push the screen back and tighten screws on the rear left hand side more that the right.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is it easy to change power regulators ?.. Is there a few of these around screen ?
I will get that info for you.