Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

My Viera LED TV screen has two distinct sections of colour

Customer Question

My Viera LED TV screen has two distinct sections of colour equally left and right of screen. The right side seems normal and the left side seems to have muted colours, like there is a blue or green filter over it. It was fine this morning. I have been told that the kettle tripped the RCD and when the TV came back on this anomaly had appeared.

Can not log in for some reason. You have took my payment though. email adress [email protected]

Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

Turn the colour control all the way down, or find an old black and white TV show to look at. That, or try one of the "film noir" episodes that are done in black and white.

If there's a problem, the black and white shows will clearly tell you what side of the picture is actually bad and let you describe the bad side as too red or too green or too blue.

If you have a digital camera, take a picture of your problem too. A picture is worth a thousand words, and I find them very helpful with "picture problems" I'll let you know later how to add it to your response.

Hopefully my response to you will send an e-mail to you, and you should be able to double-click the hyperlink and it will automatically sign you on to the website. You do need your email for your user name and the password you picked when you first signed on to the website.