Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  20+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I have a Panasonic SA pt860 dvd player as part of a cinema

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic SA pt860 dvd player as part of a cinema system. The dvd tray will not open but just makes a clicking noise as the cogs fail to open the tray. Can you suggest a solution please.
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 3 years ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.

Please look to the edges of the dvd tray to see if you can find a small hole - this small hole is the tray release override. It can be activated by putting a small object like a paperclip into the hole and pushing until the tray is released.

If you are unable to find a release override on your model (it will depend on the internal drive that was used in manufacture), there are some other things you can try - the most gentle of which is to open the unit and remove the top of the DVD player internally to access the disk and load mechanism.

Mike

SQ