carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

Hi, I have much trouble with my Galaxy S3 not being able to

Customer Question

Hi, I have much trouble with my Galaxy S3 not being able to have a phone connection when using data and vice versa data after using the phone. This went on for months, I was advised to renew the Sim card, which I did two weeks ago. since then I now have a message 'Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped'. This stops the phone from working correctly, numbers that I dial appear to ring and when answered there is no sound at either ends of the call.

Apart from throwing the phone in the bin have you any helpful suggestions please

David
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Hi David,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will try and help with your question.

I am sorry to hear you are having problems with your phone. Do you have the samsung kies software?

The software is available here

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/usefulsoftware/KIES/JSP

I think the phones firmware might be the problem the kies software has a function to reinstall the firmware. I would advise backing up the phone using the kies software then reinstalling the firmware. Hopefully this will solve the problem if however after you have reinstalled the firmware the phone seems no better it is likely to be a hardware fault within the phone. I think that the S3 came with a 24month warranty if your phone is less than 24 months you should be able to get it repaired under warranty.