Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Good afternoon, I have a sony HD camcorder HDR-HC5 and the

Customer Question

Good afternoon,

I have a sony HD camcorder HDR-HC5 and the tape door will not close, can you advise
Category: Electronics
Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is Shahid, I'll be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions about your camcorder so that we can troubleshoot the issue.

- How old is the camcorder?
- Have you tried to remove battery / power source from camcorder for few minutes, attach battery and check?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes,

Power source changed from battery to mains and replaced battery with fully charged one. the cam-corder is circa 5 years old

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
Thanks Tim for the reply.

Please turn On camcorder and give it little time till it display error code blinking on screen, please post back what error code appears?

It could be like E:xx:xx or C:xx:xx etc

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the code flashing is "C:32:11"

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the code info, I'll get back to you in few hours because I'm traveling.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

okay, I'm off to bed now anyway

Expert:  Shahid replied 4 years ago.
Hi Tim,

Sorry for delayed reply,
C:12:11 error code indicates problem of tape mechanism in unloading section and possible cause would be either broken loading gear or broken mode switch gear, in either case tape mechanism will be replaced to resolve the issue.
This kind of work should be done by handy person to avoid any damage to camcorder because it will take apart in details and tape track adjustment would also be needed for new tape mechanism and repair may cost around $200 or so from local camera repair shop.

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix available for this repair.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.

A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated!
Regards,

Shahid.