TV-Tech1
TV-Tech1, Technician
Experience:  30 years servicing Tellys
26807325

i have a lg tv model 19ls4d-zb it has built in freeview it

Customer Question

i have a lg tv model 19ls4d-zb it has built in freeview it came up antenna overload so i have attached a freeview box via scart i can now get picture but no sound can you help
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

Scart audio is on a separated line on the cable, and you may have a broken wire in it. Did you try swapping scart cables or changing input jacks on the TV or try another freebox in your home?

Antenna overload implies one of two things -- your aerial may have too much signal if your viewing freeVIEW, or it may be a shorted freeSAT box. I can't tell which one you're using.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have tried another box and cable and i still get the same thing hissing sound then nothing

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Hissing sound then muting in only the Audio? Under those circumstances the only way you can get that is your Audio settings are wrong. If you have a GOOD picture, and hissing Audio, then you may be on Digital Audio channel 2 to 8, or maybe you activated AD audio -- Descriptive Audio on a TV show that has no Descriptive Audio.

You really can't have BAD Audio with GOOD Picture and hear hissing, because hissing is NOISE, or lack of audio signal completely.

That describes being on the wrong audio channel.

But two boxes....that's even odder. And Scart too....

Boxes send out RAW Audio to the TV so it has no control over what is delivered...but when two boxes have the same issue, I start wondering if the TV is on an RF TV channel instead of a Video Cable based connector like Scart or HDMI.

Using channel 3 or 4 or whatever channel is used with freeview boxes to connect them to TVs using RF cable would affect 2 boxes the same way.

But Scart....one box should have been bad, the other good. The same with 2 Scart cables. If you changed Scart inputs to another...that would have created a difference in audio too.

It's pointing to the TV set, but acts like it either locked up or got a power surge on it and damaged the audio.

So....is Scart and RF (antenna overload) inputs the only choices you have?

Did that 2nd box work fine on your 2nd TV set??

I just find it odd that only the SOUND is bad.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes both boxes and cables worked on another tv set and i havent changed any sound settings

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Ok, then you have a main board problem and it needs replacement. LG puts the part number for the board ON the board. So you have to remove the back cover, find the EAX or EAY number(s) along the edge of the board or on the sticker.

Then you Google it.

You'll have to replace that board to fix the Audio problem.