carlday1
carlday1, Engineer
Experience:  Self Employed Electronic Engineer
69505510

My Devi link panel is stuck on start up

Customer Question

My Devi link panel is stuck on start up
Category: Electronics
Expert:  carlday1 replied 3 years ago.

carlday1 :

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is Carl and I will help with your question.

Please could you confirm the model number of your heating panel?

JACUSTOMER-15lm5eat- : Devi Link Cc DCC01
carlday1 :

I think the reason the controller is not starting up is due to a firmware issue I am trying to locate at update of the firmware for you.

carlday1 :

I have managed to find the firmware upgrade for you system.

JACUSTOMER-15lm5eat- :

Thanks Carl, that would be brilliant.

carlday1 :

I am just trying to get the download link to work

carlday1 :

Here are the upgrade instructions the firmware is just uploading I will send the link in a few minutes.

How to upgrade:

1. Download the latest firmware to your home PC from the link below
  2. Unzip folder
  3. Place unzipped files on a mini SD card with a 2GB maximum capacity
  4. Insert the mini SD card in the Devilink CC
  5. Press the SETUP pinhole button on your Devilink CC to access the menu called “service area”
  6. Select "Software" -> "Software Upgrade" -> "Start Upgrade"
carlday1 :

The firmware is here

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87068102/DLCC.zip

I have uploaded an installation manual here

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87068102/Devilink.pdf

JACUSTOMER-15lm5eat- :

I just need to get hold of a Mini SD card tomorrow and give it a go. Thanks again.

carlday1 :

Did you have any luck with upgrade the controller?

JACUSTOMER-15lm5eat- :

Not yet, I can't get the data onto the Mini SD card because my Mac won't accommodate a Mini SD. I have a usb card reader and that won't either. Believe it or not the controller actually started working last night but had gone back to start up mode this morning. There is a mini usb port on the controller, I have linked this to my Mac via a lead but not sure I can instal the software this way. Do you know if that is possible?

carlday1 :

I don't think it is possible to install the firmware using the usb port. Do you know what software version is on your controller?

JACUSTOMER-15lm5eat- :

No I don't, I believe that Danfoss will do an exchange if I send this controller off. Apparently the earlier version of the software is prone to do this. I was chatting to the guy that built my apartment last night. I might have to do that. Reading your instructions and the instructions on their website you need to access the Service area. Surely if the controller is stuck on start up, then this won't be possible?

carlday1 :

Normally the controllers are able to go into service mode regardless of what state they are in. If danfoss will do an exchange I would take it up with them it does have a 2 year warranty on the controller.

The uk contact details for danfoss are

Danfoss Randall Ltd.
Ampthill Road
Bedford
MK42 9ER
(01234) 364621

JACUSTOMER-15lm5eat- :

Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow.

carlday1 :

I hope they help get it sorted for you if you need any more help please feel free to ask.

JACUSTOMER-15lm5eat- :

Hi, Danfoss, have agreed to exchange my controller free of charge. In the meantime I managed to load the software onto the Mini SD card. As I suspected it didn't recognise the SD card because the controller is stuck on Start up. The plan now is to send off the controller tomorrow. Do you know if there is anyway the heating will work without the Controller. By that I mean can the individual floor thermostats and room sensors on the wall in each room control the heating?