Eng. Andres
Eng. Andres, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Eng. Electronics Specialist. Circuit designer
54002000

Got Samsung. Hw-f350 connected audio from tv samsung46uf5300

Customer Question

Got Samsung. Hw-f350 connected audio from tv samsung46uf5300 in audio ports but no sound from surround sound
Category: Electronics
Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I'm TV Tech1 and I'll be working with you to identify and help you resolve your problem.

You have only normal stereo sound coming from the TV set to the soundbar?

Have you tried to get surround sound from a DVD? Usually to get surround, you need a DVD encoded with surround audio, you need the player connected to the TV with HDMI and the surround bar connected to either the TV set, or the DVD connected to the surround bar using the optical audio cable.

Surround can only be transported using optical to your soundbar, but the DVD can only transport it to the TV set with HDMI.

If you're using the older RCA two wire connection to the soundbar and the TV set, those cables can only deliver stereo. Also, if you're listening to TV shows, most of them are transmitted as stereo sound. DVDs have been surround since the 1990's, but TV channels are still transmitted as stereo signals. I honestly haven't seen any TV channels that have switched over to delivering Surround signals to TVs yet.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Have wired as per cable given,what do I set tv audio to,is external speakers etc,

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Ok, if you have no sound going to your soundbar at all, access the TV's menu, go to the Audio settings. Arrow down through the audio list, and you should find a Speaker On/off or a Speaker/Reciever setting. That setting activates the Audio to the soundbar.

While you're there in the Audio settings, you may find a DTS Surround setting. Set it to Surround or Auto if you do happen to have a DVD player connected to the TV using HDMI cabling. That should allow the DVD player to send the Surround IN and OUT of the TV set and over to the Optical audio connection to the soundbar.

Those two settings should get audio to the soundbar and surround from any HDMI connections from DVDs and games.

By the way, your TV model...I don't find a 46 UF 5300....I do find a 46 F 5300 and a 46 ES 5300. I'm wondering which one you have?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I try this tomarrow ,I let U know thank you

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 4 years ago.

Ok, let me know if the cabling I posted to you matches yours tomorrow. Try to get the TVs signal out of the TV set whether you use the TV tuner or a cable/satellite box for starters. Then follow up with surround settings last. It's a step by step process, starting with the TV and the soundbar working together, then doing the surround. DVD players are reliable surround sources, that's why we suggest them for surround issues.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have done it,was not what you said

Expert:  TV-Tech1 replied 3 years ago.

Did you have to select RCA or Optical input on your soundbar to get the sound, and was there a setting on your TV or cable box that corrected your issue?